REJUVENATE YOUR VISION
Meet Dr. Harris
Laura L. Harris, M.D., F.A.C.S. founded Cataract Consultants, PA, in 2008 and has been providing exceptional specialized surgical care to patients in the Wilmington for over 20 years.
Having performed her own father’s cataract surgery, she knows how important the decision is to each patient. Dr. Harris and her team understand that the complete experience — from the initial consultation to post-surgery follow-up — should be conducted with the highest quality of care and consideration.
For providers – Dr. Harris and her Cataract Consultants team are equipped with the best and latest technology in surgery and eye care so you can feel confident sending your patients our way. As a board-certified, fellowship-trained ophthalmologist and surgeon, Dr. Harris provides outstanding diagnosis and superior surgical treatment of cataracts and related eye conditions. You will rest easy knowing your patients are in good hands!
Together, we will get your patients one step closer to a fuller and brighter life by connecting them with the Wilmington areas top cataract surgeon.
- Residency and fellowship in cataract, corneal transplant, and refractive surgery at the Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute of Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD
- Internship in Internal Medicine at University Medical Center in Greenville, NC
- Doctorate of Medicine, East Carolina University School of Medicine
- Master of Science, Department of Biochemistry, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, College of Charleston, Charleston, SC
- Awarded a prestigious, $50,000 Howard Hughes Research scholarship in research training at the National Institutes of Health
- Brody Fellow Scholarship, East Carolina University School of Medicine
- Published and presented numerous scholarly articles
- Honored with multiple awards for innovative research and quality care
- Board Certified Diplomate of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member – American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member – North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeon
- Member – North Carolina Medical Society
Included will be a blurb about Health Care Heroes Award. – need more info